Monday, December 14, 2009

Waiting

So much of life is about waiting. I've come to the conclusion recently that it's okay to wait. I am facilitating a Wednesday night women's study of Angela Thomas' When Wallflowers Dance. The content is phenomenal. Her gift is evident. The videos we watch each week are hilarious. She is transparent and has inspired me to be more transparent, as well. I know, I know...many of you are wondering how I could be any more transparent. :)

This week has been about waiting my turn...my turn to be called up for His service. Yes, I'm in His service each day, but she's specifically talking about being called up for whatever it is we have passion for. Some of us wait a long time to find our passion. I've come to the realization that my passion is helping people. I desire to help others become better people tomorrow than they were today, whether that's regarding parenting, walking with God, growing in their relationships with family, etc. I'm not sure what that means career-wise. (I'm a little too focused on being a wife and mommy right now to worry about going back to school, at this point.) However, I'm convinced He will show me what it is He wants me to do when the time is right. He will put people in my path that will help me attain my goals. So, I will patiently wait.

Angela says in this week's devotion:

"Waiting is an opportunity to grow up."

How true is that? I've already used that quote on Jordan. :) I need to use it on myself more.

So, as I do my best to re-enter the blogging world, I ask you to be patient and wait. Entrust your valuable possessions and dreams into His care and work towards your goals knowing His timing is perfect.

Love to you all,
wk

2 comments:

  1. As I was getting dressed this morning I couldn't stop thinking about your post and waiting. I too am doing a lot of waiting these days. I began to think about how the english language is funny in that we have to wait as in what you were talking about and we have waiters... people who bring us our food. Then I began to think about how maybe those two meanings weren't as far from each other as I thought. When we wait, we are kind of serving whoever we are waiting on; in that we don't rush ahead and do what we want. So when we wait on God we are serving Him. We are recognizing that He will bring us our "food" when its ready and not necessarily when we are or when we think we are ready. Yes waiting is very hard sometimes! But I am going to try to see it as a service instead of having to do it, and see if that helps! Anyways I wanted to share my new insight as of this morning. Press on Whitney! Thanks for your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete