Thursday, March 11, 2010

This one's for you, Mom!

My mom loves it when I write posts on my blogs. I'll love it one day when Jordan, Ella or Braeden do the same thing...or probably just something similar. I'm sure they'll have something much more advanced than blogger. :) So, this post is for you, Mom...the wonderful woman who brought me into the world 28 years ago today.

It has been an interesting week. We are adjusting well to sweet Braeden being a part of our family now. However, it is nice that my mother-in-law and father-in-law agreed to keep Jordan and Ella from last Thursday to this Tuesday, since Josh went to lead worship at a youth rally last weekend in Louisiana. The bump in the road came when I came down with the stomach bug on Monday. I am extremely thankful my oldest two were not here. I was able to take care of Braeden through the morning and continued to get more and more nauseated as the day went on. I thank God for our precious friends, Heidi, Matt and Luanne. Heidi called me in Phenergen, and since Josh was at a youth minister's luncheon in the middle of Houston, Matt brought me my medicine and some Gatorade and Luanne came and got Braeden, so that I could sleep. I slept from 2:00 Monday afternoon until 9:00 Tuesday morning. I felt like a new person once I woke up. It was amazing! Josh, on the other hand...didn't look so great after his first full night of Daddy Duty with this little one. :)

Anywho...to make a long story short, we are finally getting Jordan and Ella back on Saturday when Jevanna comes down to meet Braeden for the first time. I CANNOT wait. The kids called and left me happy birthday wishes on my voice mail today. I listened to it about 3 times and cried every time. I miss my babies!

On another note, my birthday today was wonderful. I woke up to a new James Avery charm that Josh bought me, and we bought my chain tonight before dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It's perfect, simple and lovely. He knows my taste so well. We went to League City today to look at fireplaces. We got an education on "Big Green Egg". I definitely think we will be getting one soon. If you don't know what it is, Google it! ;) Then, we went to Lowe's to buy all of our light fixtures and fans for our new house. It's all coming together so quickly now. We will be in before we know it! The evening ended with conversation with sweet friends, dinner at Cheesecake Factory and a very satisifed me, because I didn't overeat!

Yay me, and yay God for blessing with me another wonderful year of life!

wk

p.s. I have lost 30 of of the 57 pounds I gained with Braeden. Well, technically, I only gained 48 because I had nine pounds left to lose when I got pregnant. But, seriously, who's counting anyway?!

1 comment:

  1. You are so so funny! You need to write a book:) loving you today and forever,

    mom

    ReplyDelete