Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thankful!

I never thought I would be thankful to taste my morning breath. Yes, you just read that correctly. For 13 days, I have battled double ear and upper respiratory infections. For a whole week, my sense of smell and taste have been non-existent, and my sense of hearing has been skewed. (The ONLY reason I would choose to continue not smelling anything is when I am changing Ella's diapers. Whew! That girl can stink up a whole house in about two seconds flat.)

Regardless, I woke up this morning able to taste! WOO HOO! I would say only about 75%, but compared to 0%, I'd say that's a marvelous improvement.

The point of this "way too much information" post is this:

Be thankful for the small stuff. So many times, we don't realize the small things until we lose them. Don't let life pass by without thanking GOD that you have grass to cut or that you need to wash your greasy hair or that your little one just tee-teed in his underwear again or that your husband is arriving home from work a little late (at least he's coming home!).

God took just as much pride creating the small stuff as he did the big stuff.

Love to you all,
wk

1 comment:

  1. But did Josh appreciate your morning breath?? ha ha
    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete