Thursday, March 12, 2009

Getting ready...

As we are getting ready to head north this weekend, I have found myself totally bombarded with the tasks of getting packed, leaving the house clean and orderly, making sure all the bills are paid, etc.

In this chaos, I have neglected the one thing that, up until a week ago, got me going in the morning and ready for a new day; my quiet time with God.

Two months ago, I had the privilege of going to KSBJ's Girls Day Out. It was such a wonderful blessing. The two co-hosts of the Proverbs 31 Ministry, Lysa TerKeurst and Renee Swope spoke, along with Kate Gosselin of Jon and Kate Plus 8.

In the foyer of the Champion Forest Baptist Church, they had tables set up with books, CDs, DVDs and Bibles. I purchased a Bible called "Sanctuary". It's a women's devotional Bible, and for the first time ever, I have actually looked forward to reading my Bible each day and seeing what the Lord wants to say to me.

As I "get onto myself" for not diving into the Word this past week, I look forward to the peace and serenity of a cabin on the Colorado River, where I can spend renewal time with my God and my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment